Swallow your pride, Robbo ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
    Unfortunately, based on his track record, even if he does move Manu back to centre, I think it's more likely we see Hutcho move to 6 than Walker for at least the short term
    The Hutchinator is 5/8 in my 19 player team vs Penrith which is s follows - E Butcher compulsory stand down
    1. Tedesco
    2. Sualii
    3. Billy Smith
    4. Manu
    5. Paulo
    6. Hutchinator
    7. Keary
    8. JWH
    9. Brandon Smith
    10. Collins
    11. Crichton
    12. N Butcher
    13. Radley
    14. Turpin
    15. Lodge
    16. Sitili
    17. Baker
    18. Whyte
    19. Walker

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
      Hard to argue.

Maybe the coach needs to move on? But who would dare criticise Robbo?
      I’m with you! I’ve had enough of this reprobate

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
        Manu isn’t a 5/8.. Back to centre
        Walker back to 7
        Sualli isn’t a centre .. Back to Wing for Allen
        Smith isn’t a 60 min hooker, Turpin needs to be on the bench
        Keary can’t be the only kicker

Sualli might as well not play.. Completely irrelevant in 2023

We are no threat to the comp.
        Perfectly said..

Comment

Robbo is an ok coach but not great.A lot of our players have been overrated by the media and are probably playing to the best of their ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Les Tricolores View Post
            Where is the pro Robbo kickback today?

There is none… because this guy is an extremely average coach… perhaps everyone is beginning to realise

Spends way too much time talking about things which simply don’t matter… and simply don’t fortify the club… prefers to be a statesman for identity politics which again only detracts from the club

Has the best list in football… and he deserves some credit for that…. but can barely get them playing above .500

Surely we can do better than this coach… he’s not elite in the slightest
            It's maybe because people like you come on here after a loss and bang about the same things - every loss you want to get rid of the coach - when they win crickets on this matter as you are conspicuous by your absence.

100 % behind Coach Robinson and the Players

Who says it's the best list though - wouldn't others have a similar if not better lists? - I can guarantee that many would say that Penrith/Storm/Souths/Brisbane for instance have better lists

Brian Snitker copped plenty of flak as well as very hard to live up to the legendary Bobby Cox - The World Series Win ended that

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

It's maybe because people like you come on here after a loss and bang about the same things - every loss you want to get rid of the coach - when they win crickets on this matter as you are conspicuous by your absence.

100 % behind Coach Robinson and the Players

Who says it's the best list though - wouldn't others have a similar if not better lists? - I can guarantee that many would say that Penrith/Storm/Souths/Brisbane for instance have better lists

Brian Snitker copped plenty of flak as well as very hard to live up to the legendary Bobby Cox - The World Series Win ended that

I’m ready to get rid of him Salvo

He is not a good coach anymore

And yes this list is loaded… a big part of the reason why we were second favourites preseason after the 2 time defending champions… does that make sense?

Comment

The Hutchinator is 5/8 in my 19 player team vs Penrith which is s follows - E Butcher compulsory stand down
                1. Tedesco
                2. Sualii
                3. Billy Smith
                4. Manu
                5. Paulo
                6. Hutchinator
                7. Keary
                8. JWH
                9. Brandon Smith
                10. Collins
                11. Crichton
                12. N Butcher
                13. Radley
                14. Turpin
                15. Lodge
                16. Sitili
                17. Baker
                18. Whyte
                19. Walker

Genuine question, no sarcasm. Why do you like Hutcho so much? What has he done or shown to prove that he deserves to be a first grader? I mean Robbo seems to think there's something there, but Hutcho is not a player that will give u a 10/10 performance ever, his best is maybe a 7 and his lowest is LOOOWWWWW

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
                  These same fkn threads every fkn week.
                  The same bumbling fumbling players out of position losing to crap teams every 2nd week.

Comment

WAKE UP ROBBO!!!!!

2. Paulo / Toops when fit
                    3.Billy Smith
                    4.Manu
                    5.Swahili is a WINGER!!!!

7. Walkers ON!

bench:
                    Watson 14 when fit
                    Lodge
                    Butcher.1
                    Butcher.2

Comment

If anyone wishes to defend the coaching staff, ask yourself, outside of Collins ( current QLD and Australian prop ), E Butcher and Paulo, has anyone other player or combination improved from last year ?? ( too early for Billy Smith)

Would you even say the rest has got worse in 2023??

3/20 players … Catastrophic…

Comment

i think its all about our soft predicable attack. we are so boring.
                        1 pass of the ruck. tackle 1 and 2 are usually wingers. 3 is a second row. 4 is go wide. tackle 5 kick it down the middle of the field to the oppositions full back. and repeat.
                        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

Genuine question, no sarcasm. Why do you like Hutcho so much? What has he done or shown to prove that he deserves to be a first grader? I mean Robbo seems to think there's something there, but Hutcho is not a player that will give u a 10/10 performance ever, his best is maybe a 7 and his lowest is LOOOWWWWW
                          Because he's a Roosters player and I support them all from Andrew Johns Cup right through to NRL/NRLW including watching the Junior Rep games on NSWRL TV and the Coaching staff.

I played group 6 reps in the various age groups and we actually fielded a side as Group 6 in Harold Matthews cup in 1983 and won it - We were to be Campbelltown Newtown Jets or Newtown Campbelltown Jets ( I forget which one ) but Newtown decided to have their own Harold Matthews Cup side that year

The Newtown relocation to Campbelltown to become Campbelltown Newtown Jets / Newtown Campbelltown Jets fell through as Newtown Leagues club went into administration

Anyway we put 50 plus on the Roosters Harold Matthews cup side and unlike me during the game I did mention to a few of their players how they were disgracing the jersey which was the one and only time. The Roosters had no interest in Junior reps or juniors back then at all one has to say

The Hutchinator is not disgracing the jersey

As Group 6 players we where considered imports under the old 13 import rule so to be possibly graded with any NSWRL Club we would have to play in any of their NSWRL club junior leagues.

Baseball was becoming more important to me as I was making rep sides as well and I made the under 16's NSW Side and we won the national championship which entailed a trip to the US to play in a series against US/Canada/South Korea/Japanese and Philippines High School sides. - won 3 lost 2

Played at Shea Stadium ( NY Mets) and the Old Yankee Stadium before their games - we had both their dug outs and the Yankee and Mets players were really interested in us Ozzies - hell you play baseball and what Oz land was like and what not - some really big dudes in these sides - bigger than current NRL Props.

I completed a similar Major League program to what Dale Copley completed - it was called show me back then - didn't get drafted though as they only allowed a few draftees from outside the US - Different story nowadays

I did take up coaching though in League in under 14's and 16's - completed the ARL level 1 and 2 courses as it was back then - the Wok Warren Ryan ran them assisted by a host of Wests players at the time - Jason Taylor/Jim Dymock / Terry Hill/ David Gillespie/Paul Langmack/Jamie Ainscough /Russell Wyer etc.

Even was assistant coach for a couple of the Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Reps sides - Harold Matthews Cup - Wests were always wanting to have the bulk of the Junior rep sides made up of the Wests Lidcombe to Ashfield Junior club players so always a problem for Campbelltown to Liverpool club players to get a look in.

Anthony Minichiello didn't make any of the Wests Junior Reps sides and I don't think James Tedesco did either ?

Anyway

Back in the old days folk complaining moaning about anything and everything were called cranks - with the advent of the internet these folk now have greater access to a wider audience to be even more of a crank - As the Great Sunil Gavaskar said " there is nothing social about social media "

I know this will be controversial but only a few on here actually talk football of any substance - after every loss the cranks pile on here bashing up the usual suspects which now includes the coach even.

I don't do that on league or baseball sites I frequent as well I was never at that level as a player or coach/manager but do fully understand neither are easy roles to undertake based on the levels I played and coached at which also included baseball manager/ pitching coach roles.

Walk a mile in their shoes springs to mind.

Last edited by King Salvo; 05-08-2023, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Because he's a Roosters player and I support them all from Andrew Johns Cup right through to NRL/NRLW including watching the Junior Rep games on NSWRL TV and the Coaching staff.

I played group 6 reps in the various age groups and we actually fielded a side as Group 6 in Harold Matthews cup in 1983 and won it - We were to be Campbelltown Newtown Jets or Newtown Campbelltown Jets ( I forget which one ) but Newtown decided to have their own Harold Matthews Cup side that year

The Newtown relocation to Campbelltown to become Campbelltown Newtown Jets / Newtown Campbelltown Jets fell through as Newtown Leagues club went into administration

Anyway we put 50 plus on the Roosters Harold Matthews cup side and unlike me during the game I did mention to a few of their players how they were disgracing the jersey which was the one and only time. The Roosters had no interest in Junior reps or juniors back then at all one has to say

The Hutchinator is not disgracing the jersey

As Group 6 players we where considered imports under the old 13 import rule so to be possibly graded with any NSWRL Club we would have to play in any of their NSWRL club junior leagues.

Baseball was becoming more important to me as I was making rep sides as well and I made the under 16's NSW Side and we won the national championship which entailed a trip to the US to play in a series against US/Canada/South Korea/Japanese and Philippines High School sides. - won 3 lost 2

Played at Shea Stadium ( NY Mets) and the Old Yankee Stadium before their games - we had both their dug outs and the Yankee and Mets players were really interested in us Ozzies - hell you play baseball and what Oz land was like and what not - some really big dudes in these sides - bigger than current NRL Props.

I completed a similar Major League program to what Dale Copley completed - it was called show me back then - didn't get drafted though as they only allowed a few draftees from outside the US - Different story nowadays

I did take up coaching though in League in under 14's and 16's - completed the ARL level 1 and 2 courses as it was back then - the Wok Warren Ryan ran them assisted by a host of Wests players at the time - Jason Taylor/Jim Dymock / Terry Hill/ David Gillespie/Paul Langmack/Jamie Ainscough /Russell Wyer etc.

Even was assistant coach for a couple of the Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Reps sides - Harold Matthews Cup - Wests were always wanting to have the bulk of the Junior rep sides made up of the Wests Lidcombe to Ashfield Junior club players so always a problem for Campbelltown to Liverpool club players to get a look in.

Anthony Minichiello didn't make any of the Wests Junior Reps sides and I don't think James Tedesco did either ?

Anyway

Back in the old days folk complaining moaning about anything and everything were called cranks - with the advent of the internet these folk now have greater access to a wider audience to be even more of a crank - As the Great Sunil Gavaskar said " there is nothing social about social media "

I know this will be controversial but only a few on here actually talk football of any substance - after every loss the cranks pile on here bashing up the usual suspects which now includes the coach even.

I don't do that on league or baseball sites I frequent as well I was never at that level as a player or coach/manager but do fully understand neither are easy roles to undertake based on the levels I played and coached at which also included baseball manager/ pitching coach roles.

Walk a mile in their shoes springs to mind.

I’m not doubting your experience in league, and I respect ur openness. I hate how everyone loves to come on here and have a go at every player and coach after a loss and if u look at my previous posts u will see I try to defend most of them. With that said, u still didn’t answer my question as to what has Hutch shown. Yes I agree he plays hard every week, but passion will only get u so far, especially when there’s reserved graders who are playing better

Comment

Working...
                            X