I've never criticised Robbo; however...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
    The Roosters have played well below their potential for most of this season. Last week against the Warriors we played very well and heading into today's game, against the Cowboys...whose form has been poor, a Roosters win looked like a formality.

But we got smashed.

How can the Roosters go from playing tough, smart football with great defence against a committed Warriors team, last round, to being so poor today?

I would like to see the Roosters playing Hard, Simple football and rebuild that Bondi Defences Wall.

I would like to see what other Roosters supporters have to say as to why we played so poorly today after comming off a good solid win over The Warriors in adverse weather
    We actually didn’t play that well against the Warriors though… they had no luck and we defended well in a downpour… on the balance of play we were second best

Today was somewhat similar but the reverse in even worse conditions given the state of the field after 6 straight games

The side hasn’t performed great in any game this season that I can recall… particularly when you consider the playing list

The coaching has to take the blame

Comment

Time to stop tinkering with the Manu experiment at 6 and bring back Walker.

I’m now convinced that Manu is not a 6. Stick to centre or FB where he is one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

I think it was Fitzy who was really behind our successes. Since he left our game has gone downhill fast. Without him, Robbo just doesn’t have a clue.
        Our defence is soft.

Comment

We also always play teams into form.

We are the best at this.

Comment

Originally posted by FREEMAN89 View Post

The way we’re playing is shit therefore our coaching is shit? I think.
            welcome to the party pal!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post

You really are blind with your devotion to this current mob of pretenders. The way you carry on, you'd spill more seed than Muhammad Ali in a bird aviary if/when the Roosters finally put together a sweeping backline movement to score a try.
              Muhammad Ali is a Sporting Legend - not sure why you would include the hideous Parkinson disease he suffered from in your response

After a loss you and other like minded folk don't want to accept or ever acknowledge that the opponent was better on the day which the Cowboys were today.

The Cowboys obviously worked hard on their D , set completions and kicking game - In wet weather conditions these are the KPI's you need to nail.

It certainly wasn't the case of the Roosters not trying one has to say

More a case of trying too hard and I am sure the players and coaching staff would be disappointed with the result as 7 other teams will be after this weekend of Footy.

I think people on here read and believe the press about the Roosters having the best squad or one of the best squads and it tends to cloud their judgement

They don't even have the best spine irrespective of whether Manu or Walker is playing in the halves for starters.

20-6

Sitili scores that try they go in the sheds at 6 all

Cowboys first try after 3 or 4 sets of six on the Roosters line/20

Cowboys second try from an in goal grubber kick - on field No Try - overturned by the Bunker - 50-50 call?

Cowboys third try a fortunate bounce of the ball near the sideline - A Rolls Royce type bounce

You make your own luck

Comment

I think something may have clicked today, he was talking a lot about our systems in the presser......maybe Trent has finally had his lightbulb moment. He's got to stop playing so many out of position when there's no need for it, so many players underperforming purely because of this - even something as ridiculous as Nat Butcher standing on the edges whilst Sitili is being used as a prop........it is terrible coaching period, Sitili has flank strike, Nat is a footwork middles guy who will make 50 tackles.....why are they playing in positions that weaken their individual strengths?

Cut the shit Trent.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                  I think something may have clicked today, he was talking a lot about our systems in the presser......maybe Trent has finally had his lightbulb moment. He's got to stop playing so many out of position when there's no need for it, so many players underperforming purely because of this - even something as ridiculous as Nat Butcher standing on the edges whilst Sitili is being used as a prop........it is terrible coaching period, Sitili has flank strike, Nat is a footwork middles guy who will make 50 tackles.....why are they playing in positions that weaken their individual strengths?

Cut the shit Trent.
                  Great post, agree completely.

End of last year we were on fire and we have gone away from all that worked.

Comment

The coach is under performing. Only one try ??

Comment

At some point Robbo is getting past his used by date… because his sides just continue to underperform these last two years

Yes we may make a run at the end of the season but same old same old it will be too late

What happened to all the rhetoric about starting strong?

Robbo is still a great recruiter but he’s not a great coach… he spends far too much time telling everyone what a great guy Latrell is after he f*cking went out of his way to smash Joey’s face… or blames his own team’s discipline when they get let down by the refs and his captain and side get out thugged in a finals game… or continues to bang on about rainbow rights for zero reason since every other virtue signaller in society does the same… while his team just continually underperforms

The guy is a good but not great coach! he can only win with a loaded deck… and he is becoming very tiresome around here… please note Uncle Nick

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                        Wake up and give some credit to the opposition as you can only play as well as your opposition allows.

Cowboys are playing their best game of the season and are certainly not an average side as many on here say and think they are.
                        We are an inconsistent bumbling mess.

How about we put players in their proper positions & fix up our eternal stupid error rate.

Then we can compliment the opposition on beating us. This team is boring as bat poo to watch.

Comment

We have the worst attack in the league, aside from the Wests Tigers.

Let that sink in for a bit.

For a side that has so much talent we are dreadful when it comes to clicking as a side.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post

We are an inconsistent bumbling mess.

How about we put players in their proper positions & fix up our eternal stupid error rate.

Then we can compliment the opposition on beating us. This team is boring as bat poo to watch.
                            Dead set… the style of play is as boring AF

Won’t get the job done… Robbo is out of ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Chook Norris View Post
                              We have the worst attack in the league, aside from the Wests Tigers.

Let that sink in for a bit.

For a side that has so much talent we are dreadful when it comes to clicking as a side.
                              Is this true?

I haven’t checked the stats but wouldn’t be surprised in the least

We’re a boring ass team with the best list in the league… let’s all let that sink in

Comment

Originally posted by Les Tricolores View Post

Is this true?

I haven’t checked the stats but wouldn’t be surprised in the least

We’re a boring ass team with the best list in the league… let’s all let that sink in
                                Sadly very true. We have only scored 153 compared to the Tigers 136. The rest of the teams are ahead of us. While Keary was out injured last year we scored lots of points when Walker was at the helm.
                                “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Working...
                                X