Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your 1-17 Next Week (as we are all armchair coaches)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bates View Post

That failed last year but I guess we have nothing to lose. Currently the halves set up resembles a dogs breakfast, I'm a big fan of Robbo who I think is up shit creek without a genuine and capable 7.
    And the reverse failed this year..

No matter which positon they play as a combination they are never going to be a traditional halves pairing but Keary is alot further along in his development as a 7 and he's going to have to make a decision on how he evolves his play and style in the latter period of his career soon because watching him go around this year I think there has been a noticeable deteration is his running game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

And the reverse failed this year..

No matter which positon they play as a combination they are never going to be a traditional halves pairing but Keary is alot further along in his development as a 7 and he's going to have to make a decision on how he evolves his play and style in the latter period of his career soon because watching him go around this year I think there has been a noticeable deteration is his running game.
      I don't necessarily think it's failed. I'd be more inclined to call it a form slump. Confidence is everything for a halfback! Walker has lost all his confidence and Robbo has run out of patience. Walker should continue to work hard. All it takes is 1 moment of brilliance and your confidence is back.

The last thing I would want if I was Walker and low on confidence was being moved out of my natural position. This will only compound the problem in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

I don't necessarily think it's failed. I'd be more inclined to call it a form slump. Confidence is everything for a halfback! Walker has lost all his confidence and Robbo has run out of patience. Walker should continue to work hard. All it takes is 1 moment of brilliance and your confidence is back.

The last thing I would want if I was Walker and low on confidence was being moved out of my natural position. This will only compound the problem in my opinion.
        I don’t think halfback is necessarily his natural position though, I think he’s just a creative half at this stage of his career.

Playing halfback in juniors is nothing like playing halfback in seniors, they’re almost different positions given the emphasis on organisational skills required at the elite level that just doesn’t exist in lower league footy.

Comment

Working...
        X