JWH Divegate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWH Divegate

I can’t recall one of our boys ever staying down so blatantly.

But I’m not gonna hold a thing against Jared.

He didn’t pretend he was hurt. But the tackle was so bad he almost comically proved a point as to how awful the refs are to miss it. Just stayed there as if to say “watch how dumb you look on the replay you ****”.

It’s astounding it wasn’t an immediate bin (the NRL will no doubt apologise and say that was wrong today). Can anyone recall a worse shot not being binned since V’landiddly started ruining the sport?

It doesn’t matter that it didn’t rock Jared at all.

Jared and Victor arguably get sent off for that because no doubt whoever they hit pretends they’re in a coma.

But again (like Townsend’s blatant professional foul on Teddy) other teams get to play under different rules.

Direct contact with face = sinbin.

Our spine was so inept yesterday it wouldn't have helped at all really.
    Formerly Stringaz, from the old Wall!

Comment

A disgraceful non sin binning.

As you said, Rads may well have been sent off for that.

The inconsistency in how those sorts of high tackles is officiated is comical.

Comment

Straight across the jaw with force right in front of the ref who saw nothing.

Glad he stayed there & shook his head to make them look like complete idiots considering some of the sin binnings we've had against us.

Taking the moral high ground doesn't get you far in the NRL these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentimentinel View Post
          Direct contact with face = sinbin.

Our spine was so inept yesterday it wouldn't have helped at all really.
          Absolutely. We wouldn’t have won.

The tsunami at kickoff was always gonna be a leveller and once the Cowboys sensed we were off they lifted.

Still would have been nice to play 60 minutes against 12 though like every other team would have with a referee who wasn’t incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
            Straight across the jaw with force right in front of the ref who saw nothing.

Glad he stayed there & shook his head to make them look like complete idiots considering some of the sin binnings we've had against us.

Taking the moral high ground doesn't get you far in the NRL these days.
            Exactly. If you try and pull the “we don’t lay down argument” they’ll find the 4 times it’s happened in 10 years for us as if it’s equivalent to teams like Canberra and the Warriors being actively coached to do it.

If Elliott Whitehead copped that tackle the Raiders could have saved a plane ticket for him because he’d still be rolling back to Belco like Neymar.

We have literally lost games by trying to take the moral high ground before (Cordner knocking on while concussed against Melbourne at Suncorp in the first covid season being a prime example).

If the NRL is gonna allow it, just ****ing do it.

Klein should be dropped for that.

Comment

My first thought when I saw it was that he would be sent to the Bin, but should have known better really

Comment

Why wasn't Victor sent to the bin for that ? I saw him make 'eye contact' with JWH as he was being tackled.

Automatic sinbin !

Comment

Originally posted by weplayforprems View Post
                  I can’t recall one of our boys ever staying down so blatantly.

But I’m not gonna hold a thing against Jared.

He didn’t pretend he was hurt. But the tackle was so bad he almost comically proved a point as to how awful the refs are to miss it. Just stayed there as if to say “watch how dumb you look on the replay you ****”.

It’s astounding it wasn’t an immediate bin (the NRL will no doubt apologise and say that was wrong today). Can anyone recall a worse shot not being binned since V’landiddly started ruining the sport?

It doesn’t matter that it didn’t rock Jared at all.

Jared and Victor arguably get sent off for that because no doubt whoever they hit pretends they’re in a coma.

But again (like Townsend’s blatant professional foul on Teddy) other teams get to play under different rules.
                  Agree JWH or Victor are both sent off for that shot

Comment

I was pissed off with the non sin binning and that JWH had to wait so long for Klein to stop play. With that said, they were more physical than us. Psychologically, they had our pack beaten. We need to be more aggressive! Jared's team mates should've come flying in. Our pack, as 1 unit, needs a harder edge!!

Comment

I'm happy to crack you bro

https://www.tiktok.com/@nrlonnine/vi...26297187175681

Comment

To be fair, I don't think Jared pretended to be hurt, which is probably a major factor in my definition of a dive.

It was astonishing that it wasn't a bin. It has been a bin all year. Not only would Jared or Rads be binned for a lesser tackle, but I'd argue if that happened to someone other than Jared, the player probably would've been binned as well.

It's hard because you don't want to talk about that and detract from how bad we were yesterday, but the double-standard in that not being a bin was disgusting.

Comment

When it comes to us the officials never fail to disappoint
                          When you trust your television
                          what you get is what you got
                          Cause when they own the information
                          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

No problem with it at all as they ALL do it now.

Comment

If the NRL is fair dinkum about protecting player's heads then referees should penalise all teams that transgress and not just blow the whistle when a player lays down asking for the penalty. I don't consider what Jared did as laying down. It was more of a protest to the Klown to demonstrate the double standards, something like 'are you serious, you didn't see that. Imagine if I or Rads did that! So you only see these things when a player lies down for you or there's actual blood flowing from a Rooster's players head?'

Comment

Working...
                              X