Billy Smith - congrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Smith - congrats

I know just about every poster in every thread since that shit show yesterday has acknowledged his stellar return yesterday but thought the kids performance and obvious perseverance deserved its own thread.

It's hard to imagine the battle this kid has had to overcome in his short career to date and he deserves much credit for his obvious desire and iron will to get back on the paddock and repay the loyalty and faith the club have shown to him.

This kid if he can stay fit and healthy will prove worth the perseverance from both the club and himself. He was the best on field for us yesterday and I am really looking forward to seeing him play for us going forward.

Well done Billy and not just for the game you had yesterday but for the heart he has shown in getting back on the paddock. The kid was inspirational.

Definitely agree, however he'll have to go a few seasons injury free before I get comfortable that he'll handle the game long term.

I know Teddy's done it. Hopefully W. Smith esq. injury days are behind him, he deserves some luck. He's one tough human.

Comment

He looked great yesterday and made regular first graders in our side look like it was them who hadn’t played in ages.
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

I was quite nervous for him yesterday playing on that wet chopped up surface.

Comment

Good to see him play so well first game back.

Interesting team selection headache when Toups is back.

Hopefully Robbo sees the light and Smith and Manu are our centres leaving Paulo and Suaalii fighting out for the wing spot.

Comment

He was immense, showed more than Suaalii has all season.

Comment

Yep, he was definitely our best. I was stoked for him, and even in those conditions he looked dangerous.

I know that some of these guys aren't re-signed, but it looks like there may be a lot of competition for a place in the back 5 next year:
              Lewis Murphy, Dominic Young, Manu, Suaalii, Jaxson Paulo, Toops, Junior Pauga, Tuipulotu Katoa, Allen, Robert Toia and of course, Billy Smith.

Gonna be interesting to see who we keep and field.
              Last edited by BraveTheWorld; 05-08-2023, 04:40 PM.

Comment

He has always been quality just has biscuit bones

He showed yesterday once again why the club has remained so loyal to him

Comment

A wonderful return from Billy. He was great in the few games before his ACL last year and seems to have actually gotten better. Let’s hope he can continue to play well and stay on the field. He reminds me a bit of Brett Kenny with ball in hand; the natural swerve, acceleration and ability to beat a defender is a joy to behold in what is a lacklustre team at the moment. Well done Billy.

Comment

The only thing of note yesterday was Billy's return. First it was just great to see him on the field but second he played really well. Lets hope he can stay healthy

Comment

I recall an interview with robbo where he said the staff have completely “rebuilt” Billy. Hope this incarnation stays healthy. Played strongly when all instinct would have been conservative. Team first player.

BTW JS strikes the ball well as goal kicker. I’d keep him there even when Sammy returns. I believe he could be our long distance kicking option. I wonder whether he trains for this?
                      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                        I recall an interview with robbo where he said the staff have completely “rebuilt” Billy. Hope this incarnation stays healthy. Played strongly when all instinct would have been conservative. Team first player.

BTW JS strikes the ball well as goal kicker. I’d keep him there even when Sammy returns. I believe he could be our long distance kicking option. I wonder whether he trains for this?
                        Good point re JS I have to assume the way he strikes the ball he probably has a long punt on him as well. Would be interested to see him move into first receiver when we need a long kick out of our danger zone and see how he goes with that role. I would also like to see him moved back to wing for all other plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
                          I was quite nervous for him yesterday playing on that wet chopped up surface.
                          I was thinking he may have been a bit tentative on that minefield yesterday. It will be great to have him playing with confidence on a good track.

Comment

He had a great game. I was very nervous for him every time he touched the ball though. He has a big future if he can stay injury free.

Comment

Played physical, looked likely to break the line a few times - good to have him back.

Comment

Working...
                              X