Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danish View Post
    Honestly, has sualli ever learned to tackle?

simple 3 on 3 and he just lets his man get outside him.

drop this soft **** and kick his ass to rugby already
    The bloke just doesn't want to be here. We were just part of his journey to payday. He's a winger and nothing else, certainly not the Messiah and his manager totally played us and we fell for it. If anyone can tell me what's so good about him outside of the fact that he can leap and catch please do so.
    Last edited by ElGreco; 05-13-2023, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
      Where to from here ? Never ever have i thought we need a rebuild but is it on the cards ? How did Keary go ? If Keary retired and Suaalii goes thats big coin for next year to start with ? I didn't see the game, just throwing shit out there?
      Keary is cooked, too scared to dig into the line. We need a complete rebuild.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElGreco View Post

The bloke just doesn't want to be here. We were just part of his journey to payday. He totally played us and we fell for it. If anyone can tell me what's so good about him outside of the fact that he can leap and catch please do so.
        I can assure you he won't be here next year

Comment

The bloke just doesn't want to be here. We were just part of his journey to payday. He's a winger and nothing else, certainly not the Messiah and his manager totally played us and we fell for it. If anyone can tell me what's so good about him outside of the fact that he can leap and catch please do so.
          No leaping and catching this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokoras View Post

Most assume this but you cannot assure it.

Comment

• When Manu put that kick over the top for the winger and they didn’t respond he absolutely gave it to Paulo and Swarlehee. I was on the 10 metre line and it was right in front of me. He told them off good and proper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Most assume this but you cannot assure it.
                No I can't but uncle Nick won't put up with that much longer.
                Rest assured changes are coming.

Comment

When Manu put that kick over the top for the winger and they didn’t respond he absolutely gave it to Paulo and Swarlehee. I was on the 10 metre line and it was right in front of me. He told them off good and proper.
                  I thought he should have gone through the hands in that play.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokoras View Post

He'll be here for sure. Joe's not going anywhere. Leaving here would be perceived as a backwards step and not good for his public image. Similarly Nick and Wobbo won't want to be shown up that they backed the wrong horse.

Comment

That was then, this is now...he can be of benefit to us on our right wing. He also kicks goals.
                      He's under contract, so I would play him right wing ...until a better choice comes along. He worked well in that position last season.

Comment

When Manu put that kick over the top for the winger and they didn’t respond he absolutely gave it to Paulo and Swarlehee. I was on the 10 metre line and it was right in front of me. He told them off good and proper.
                        It seems we have either a communication problem or a don't give f##k problem. Either way the team needs a good old fashioned Gus Gould bonding session so they can get out whatever needs to be got out. Slag off or punch up but get to know each other. Get on the piss but stay off the horses!

Currently we are a great example of the team of champions curse and maybe a few egos need to be knocked out of people.
                        Last edited by Noosa Rooster; 05-13-2023, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M At least it wasn't against the drizzle ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post

I thought he should have gone through the hands in that play.
                            Penrith had it covered. A 50/50 kick was the best option. We just needed to get in the contest and we didn’t. That’s why Manu was pissed.

Comment

• We are living in the past and off hype not reality. The truth is we are not up to 1st grade standard in this 6 again era and are deluding ourselves using past reputations. Just about all our players are of reserve grade standard today from the butchers to Keary and even Teddy is proving sterile in the new game. On a scale from 1-100 in this new era our players as far as talent, capacity and potential go are about 65 so other teams have younger, faster players of around 75-95 quality and fitness.
                              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                                We are living in the past and off hype not reality. The truth is we are not up to 1st grade standard in this 6 again era and are deluding ourselves using past reputations. Just about all our players are of reserve grade standard today from the butchers to Keary and even Teddy is proving sterile in the new game. On a scale from 1-100 in this new era our players as far as talent, capacity and potential go are about 65 so other teams have younger, faster players of around 75-95 quality and fitness.
                                That's a bit rough IMO. We won 8 on the trot when we needed to last year with basically the same team. At this stage of the year there are obviously some problems. Maybe attitude is getting in the way of talent. Something definitely needs to change but I'm more concerned about the lack of cohesion than the lack of talent. That can be fixed. Not many teams win with 40% possession and 65% completion rates, so maybe thats a place to start.

BTW where is 'the coach whisperer' these days?

Comment

Working...
                                X