Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

That was then, this is now...he can be of benefit to us on our right wing. He also kicks goals.
    He's under contract, so I would play him right wing ...until a better choice comes along. He worked well in that position last season.
    Agree. Play him as a whinger. And his goal kicking seems on the ball so unless we bring back Walker (which i'd prefer not too) we'll need a goal kicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kokoras View Post

Keary is cooked, too scared to dig into the line. We need a complete rebuild.
      I watch Keary closely and there’s no doubt he is struggling in some areas but I’ve been impressed with how physical he’s been the last three weeks; with ball and especially in defence.

*impressed the wrong word, but there’s been big improvement.
      Last edited by ARD; 05-13-2023, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noosa Rooster View Post

That's a bit rough IMO. We won 8 on the trot when we needed to last year with basically the same team. At this stage of the year there are obviously some problems. Maybe attitude is getting in the way of talent. Something definitely needs to change but I'm more concerned about the lack of cohesion than the lack of talent. That can be fixed. Not many teams win with 40% possession and 65% completion rates, so maybe thats a place to start.

BTW where is 'the coach whisperer' these days?
        On performance currently we just aren’t matching it in defense or attack with all teams in the comp except the tigers. Robbo keeps selecting a team that’s underperforming. When will he select based on form? Our forwards have played well but we can’t score points or defend. Last night JWH dropped the ball on the very first set in the game. It’s just a nightmare at present.
        “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• I could only watch the 1st half as I had to fortunately go to a party. We're in big trouble and look a very unhappy outfit at the moment.
          The positional changes haven't worked and some of our players are looking old and like the game has past them. Challenging times ahead for the chooks but we need to stick together.

Comment

• Lucky us, we get to play them again round 15 - crazy draw

Comment

• Watching Westvatm v Vermin. To their credit it's like 6-0 to Vermin at half time.
              West's....the team that looked like they mightn't win a game.

But they got spirit...even if they go down they are in this game atm.

Just comparing to our lot in the past 2 games. Hope our blokes are watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

The players can go before Robinson does to be honest if that’s the case.

I watched Cordner and Jake Friend put their bodies on the line and go into early retirement playing for our club. No two players defined the Robinson era better than they did. If the players ‘body language’ is off then so should they be.
                Robbo will go if he can’t turn things around. The buck stops with the coach unfortunately. It’s the same in all sports!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bates View Post

Robbo will go if he can’t turn things around. The buck stops with the coach unfortunately. It’s the same in all sports!
                  I think Robbo has earnt the right to outlast some players and turn the roster if it was so deemed necessary to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I think Robbo has earnt the right to outlast some players and turn the roster if it was so deemed necessary to do so.
                    Agree. I’m in Robbos corner too. Let’s hope things improve.

Comment

• I’m a life long Roosters supporter and member of 25yrs +. The performances over the past 2 games in particular are alarming and have driven me to my first post on this forum.
                      • Our attack is so structured & predictable. It’s like they’re incapable of playing off the cuff instinctive football. The game has moved on and we haven’t.
                      • Our general play kicking game puts the opposition under no pressure at all. Length, height, floaters, spiral bombs (our halves are incapable of producing any of these). What do they practice.
                      • When Cooper joined the club, it took a while for the spine to gel, but we’re disjointed across the park. It goes far deeper than Brandon Smith.
                      • Our defence has been awful out wide for the past season or two. Sualli in particular has been a liability in the centres and needs to go back to the wing.
                      • What’s happened to Joey Manu this season, you wouldn’t know he was on the field. Lodge was one of our best last season and he’s been off the pace and Angus is a pale shade of his best.
                      • I admire Robbo for all he’s done at the Roosters and have always believed in him. Robbo has a massive job to turn it all around and I just hope that the playing group are on board with him.

Comment

• For mine, it's all about field position, we are starting our sets on our on line or 10m line and handing the ball back to the opposition on their 30 or 40m lines. The yards are not as hard from there, our try line is in effect another defender and we have to ruck it out doing the hard yards. Then our kicks, we really only have one option are not finding distance or ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Casuarina Rooster View Post
                          I’m a life long Roosters supporter and member of 25yrs +. The performances over the past 2 games in particular are alarming and have driven me to my first post on this forum.
                          • Our attack is so structured & predictable. It’s like they’re incapable of playing off the cuff instinctive football. The game has moved on and we haven’t.
                          • Our general play kicking game puts the opposition under no pressure at all. Length, height, floaters, spiral bombs (our halves are incapable of producing any of these). What do they practice.
                          • When Cooper joined the club, it took a while for the spine to gel, but we’re disjointed across the park. It goes far deeper than Brandon Smith.
                          • Our defence has been awful out wide for the past season or two. Sualli in particular has been a liability in the centres and needs to go back to the wing.
                          • What’s happened to Joey Manu this season, you wouldn’t know he was on the field. Lodge was one of our best last season and he’s been off the pace and Angus is a pale shade of his best.
                          • I admire Robbo for all he’s done at the Roosters and have always believed in him. Robbo has a massive job to turn it all around and I just hope that the playing group are on board with him.
                          Great 1st post. Your passion for the Roosters is exactly what prompted me to my 1st post in March. Also a life-long Roosters supporter who remembers the very dark days of the 80’s and 90’s; we don’t want to go back there. Welcome to the asylum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post
                            Billy Smith is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen - and we’ve got some bad players.
                            How you could say that now, after he's just come back from his 3rd knee reconstruction and been our best player the last 2 weeks, is astonishing.

Comment

Working...
                            X