X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sydney Roosters will beat the Penrith Panthers in the 2023 Grand Final

"They say the darkest hour is right before the dawn
    And in the hour of greatest slaughter the great avenger is being born"

The words of the great Paul Kelly are brought to mind as I write this post. It is undoubtedly a difficult time for the Roosters and last night, we can only hope, was the low point.

20 years on from the disappointment of '03, having had our pants pulled down by the Panthers in May, just imagine for a moment if we were to triumph against that same side on a warm evening in October.
    It's difficult to imagine at the moment, but as fans we have to dream. In 2013 off the back of a 13th placed finish the year prior we were smashed by Souths in round one. In that moment who could have seen the success that was to come? In 2018 after ANZAC Day who could have foreseen the back to back premierships in the offing? 3 premierships in 10 years is a remarkable return and frankly I think any Roosters fan calling for Robbo's head is essentially treasonous, or suffering from a severe case of amnesia.

There are problems with the side for sure. However, Robinson's record of success is unprecedented and he is inextricably linked to the incredible era of success we have experienced. As fans and as a club we owe it to him to allow him to work through these issues without calling for his head- it seems as though every slump he has fans questioning everything he has built during his time at the club. When Robbo took over we had played in 2 of the previous 8 finals series. Success was not guaranteed. Since he took over we have played in 9 of 10 finals series. I want to stress that right now is arguably one of the lowest moments of his coaching career, and we still have a 50% win record this season.

Yes the roster is underperforming. Yes there are reoccurring issues that need to be addressed. Last night was particularly disappointing because we lacked in effort eras, and were dominated by a side which seemed far more committed and unified than us. We had our pants pulled down by proven champions, something at the moment we are not. But wouldn't it be sweet if we could pull it off, deny the Panthers a historical three-peat and come from the clouds to win a premiership. I wonder, how would posters on the chookpen justify the need for a change of coach in 2024 if Robbo pulled it off.

Great thread

Why not....
    6 points in the next 2 games against the Dragons Bulldogs then bye , into revenge on the Riff would have our season officially rolling and back on track .

Last edited by Bondicigar; 05-14-2023, 06:53 AM.

Comment

lol....god help me
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

we've got a good team and with a bit of luck we'll be swinging come finals time

Comment

No reason why we can't go on a similar run to the 2nd half of last season..........................if only the players were in their correct positions.

Comment

As long as roobo addresses his team selections and start playing players in their correct spots we are a chance. if he moves suallli back to the wing, Manu back to center, Keary back to his natural 5/8 spot and walker back to half I think we are a chance. This is another failed experiment same as last year when we scraped into the 8 with a late run. It's not rocket science play players in their correct spots and then start working on the combos and structures. We have Toops to come back,Brown will give us a bit of mongrel off the bench and Watson comes back for the run home.If not we are history this year imo

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
              lol....god help me
              Keep the faith

Comment

I like your optimism. I’d like to think we will make the finals this year but I don’t see us threatening for the Premiership in 2023.

I also am interested in seeing how they work themselves out of this poor form. I’d like to see us not give away so many penalties especially early in games as it leaves us gassed for later in the half. I was pleasantly surprised Radley wasn’t sin binned last weekend as it was becoming a weekly occurrence.

I think the attack will come but we need to defend far better than we have been but we don’t seem to have a cohesive squad unlike years ago with the Bondi wall.

Comment

I wouldn’t be confident that our lot would beat the panthers WNRL team

Comment

Originally posted by Water boy View Post
                    I wouldn’t be confident that our lot would beat the panthers WNRL team
                    I’m almost confident our NRLW team would beat our mens team

Comment

Working...
                    X