Tupou, Jennings, Pearce, Cordner vs Guerra, Napa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Barring passing that ball to dugan at the end, i thought he was our best along with tamou and woods, thought dugan was good too.
    His defence was brilliant, he was clueless in attack though, a couple kicks at the wrong time and was diabolical at the end. He may have been concussed however.

Comment

I thought Pearcey was pretty good...the best of the Easts contingent.

Pre game I didn't like our front row at all but at half time I was eating my words as they were great.

Dropped off a bit in the 2nd half esp with our go forward which prevented us getting any real shots at them in the 2nd half.

Disappointing to lose by just the one point but you have to play every second of the 80 min in Origin...we need to have a complete squad that lives that theory on the park. You can get away with episodic good and bad touches in clubland but these contests are less forgiving.

Comment

Thought NSW put up a good fight in the first half to overcome the 2 headed monsters and be a touch in front .I feel that more Daley to blame for second half he kept his props on for up to 30 minutes or more hence they were a tad less effective in the second half .
        Ref was a coq not one penalty for off side for NSW but no problems for 2 heads and gifted them 6 points.
        Hodgkinson is more useless than any player Ive ever seen.
        If Maloney played we wouldve won guaranteed.Left side attack is abysmall ..wasting Jennings NSW always attack to right because thats how Daley played as 5/8th.
        Pearce went good as the forwards were slightly on top for a while but averaged out in the second half but did you notice he had Ingliss in check all night? he killed off Inglisss's game big time.
        Trent Merrin must start wasnt sighted last night he needs a rocket up his arse.
        As for all chooks players - all good but Toups is on borrowed time.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

why wasn't the Teflon kids shoulder charge on the 5th not reported or penalized a 8 point try. it was late and a shoulder charge.

then in the second half when the morons were ingoal and receiving the 5th tackle bomb and a nsw winger was in a fair contest for the ball gets penalized for tackling the moron in the air. he had only the ball in his sights.
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Forgot to mention the Qld try in the right corner...looked a soft read from Toops to fairy step in and leave his winger.

Jenko needed to shout stay out and I think he could have slid and him and Toops put the pincer move on the centre and stopped the try.

It was easy from my lounge anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
              why wasn't the Teflon kids shoulder charge on the 5th not reported or penalized a 8 point try. it was late and a shoulder charge.

then in the second half when the morons were ingoal and receiving the 5th tackle bomb and a nsw winger was in a fair contest for the ball gets penalized for tackling the moron in the air. he had only the ball in his sights.

There were a few things like that which really didn't make sense. If I remember correctly, the video refs looked back to check whether teflon kid was taken out? They then saw him doing a late shoulder charge on the kicker

Meh a lot of things I didn't get last night. End of the day we blew the chances we had and that's why we lost. However, I left thinking:
              - Pearce's knock-on when he did the long grubber... he never knocked on and QLD's INSTANT knee-jerk response was to grab his jersey and stop him from chasing the ball!!! WTF was that?
              - Tamou's strip that was called a knock-on? He stripped the ball and it bounced back towards the blues.
              - Farah's head got smashed into the ground and he injured his shoulder... 'play on it's tackle 2.' Can't help thinking that a tackle like that on Cam Smith woulda been a penalty and 10 in the bin.
              - QLD's second try... come again... what was that penalty for?
              - JT was given a 2 pointer from right in front with a few minutes to go... why? He missed (no idea how) but that was essentially a game deciding call. IMO shouldn't have been called.

I admit that we blew our chances in the last 10 and that's what lost us the game. Congrats to QLD! However... meh. A bad night from the refs didn't really help either team (or the game.)

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Barring passing that ball to dugan at the end, i thought he was our best along with tamou and woods, thought dugan was good too.
                Spot-on
                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Pearce was probably the best of the Roosters - but only solid.

I thought the rest were pretty ordinary including Guerra.

Tupou....yes grateful for 2013, but ragdolled every bloody time.

Comment

Pearce, Cordner, Toupo , Jennings and Guerra will be going around in SOO2 , although there should be a few changes if Gallen throws his name in the hat, won't hurt if Jenko and Toups stay as NSW only lost by 1 point and that can't be laid at their feet.

Big question is will Guerra pull up OK for us against the Storm on Monday , had a heavily strapped thigh after the game and so far this year we have not won without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Samwise View Post
                      Pearce was probably the best of the Roosters - but only solid.

I thought the rest were pretty ordinary including Guerra.

Tupou....yes grateful for 2013, but ragdolled every bloody time.
                      Daley won't panic by doing this but imo, I would replace the Jennings/Tupou combo with Dylan Walker/Alex Johnston. Based on Daniel's form this year I was very surprised the selectors stuck with him.

Comment

GI is a myth!

Actually, the entire Souffs team is a myth without the assistance of Mitch Ross and the referees.

Comment

Originally posted by 2026 View Post
                          GI is a myth!
                          Actually, the entire Souffs team is a myth without the assistance of Mitch Ross and the referees.
                          Unfortunately the myth that is Souffs have a Premiership to show for last year

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Unfortunately the myth that is Souffs have a Premiership to show for last year
                            Yes, The Charity Shield handed to them by both the NRL and Channel 9 with the assistance of Mitch Ross and his performance sprays.

Comment

Jennings and Toops will be available for the Roosters from now on, they wont be selected again, for SOO duty. Jennings defence was pitiful, two feeble grabbing attempts in the two Qld tries, and Toops not marking his winger, something he then gets caught out on, leaving a free passage to score the try. Cordner was busy without standing out, and Mitch was solid, considering he was playing out of position, done enough to make game 2. Toops probably signed his departure off, after that game, I cant see the club retaining him.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Rooster View Post
                                Jennings and Toops will be available for the Roosters from now on, they wont be selected again, for SOO duty. Jennings defence was pitiful, two feeble grabbing attempts in the two Qld tries, and Toops not marking his winger, something he then gets caught out on, leaving a free passage to score the try. Cordner was busy without standing out, and Mitch was solid, considering he was playing out of position, done enough to make game 2. Toops probably signed his departure off, after that game, I cant see the club retaining him.
                                Why would the club base our negotiations off an Origin game? Toops has been decent for us the last couple of weeks, tbh I would have preferred if we used the money on Burgess and Omar on Tools.

Comment

Working...
                                X