No Crichton, No Radley Rd12 Vs the Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

What really annoys me is the loading. Each indiscretion should be judged solely in itself. Priors shouldn’t come into it. Players have already paid a penalty for priors. If you committed a criminal offence the court can’t use prior offences in evidence against you. Why is this allowed by the NRL judiciary. Each offence should be dealt with on it’s own merit. Rads will be out for 5 weeks total if he can’t get a downgrade, Angus 2 weeks if unsuccessful for something that was so minor, the ref and the bunker didn’t see fit to penalise it.
    Agree with you totally the loading is rubbish and each charge should be judged on its merit.
    I don't know of any other sport in the world that sidelines it's stars and lessens the quality of the product.
    We keep being told that rugby league is a business yet we are giving our competition in other codes a leg up by handcuffing ourselves it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Agree with you totally the loading is rubbish and each charge should be judged on its merit.
      I don't know of any other sport in the world that sidelines it's stars and lessens the quality of the product.
      We keep being told that rugby league is a business yet we are giving our competition in other codes a leg up by handcuffing ourselves it doesn't make sense.
      100%.

And it's not just 1 or 2 wk suspensions; we dish out 4-5 wks for relative love taps to the likes of Latrell and Rads like it's no big deal.

With the speed of the game the injury crisis is crippling. And on top of that we have an administration flicking their beans at the thought of suspending star players for a month over minor incidents.

It's total insanity and peak incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
        Play the wankers into form is what we will do
        thanks to that malaka V'landys

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Classic! I knew you’d rock up.

“The protector of all Roosters”. We salute you NorfolkStreetKid.
          Yeah, classic, just like I knew you wouldn't have a valid reason to back up your stupid comment, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

What really annoys me is the loading. Each indiscretion should be judged solely in itself. Priors shouldn’t come into it. Players have already paid a penalty for priors. If you committed a criminal offence the court can’t use prior offences in evidence against you. Why is this allowed by the NRL judiciary. Each offence should be dealt with on it’s own merit. Rads will be out for 5 weeks total if he can’t get a downgrade, Angus 2 weeks if unsuccessful for something that was so minor, the ref and the bunker didn’t see fit to penalise it.
            Don’t you get a longer penalty if you get done for drink driving time and time again? Or if you break a good behaviour bond, don’t you get a harsher penalty?

Ism, can you clear this up for us please.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Don’t you get a longer penalty if you get done for drink driving time and time again? Or if you break a good behaviour bond, don’t you get a harsher penalty?

Of course there has to be a loading, repeat offenders need a stronger punishment because they don't get the message the first or second times. But all loadings should be eliminated if the offender hasn't been to the judiciary for a similar offence for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Yeah, classic, just like I knew you wouldn't have a valid reason to back up your stupid comment, as usual.
                It gets worse mate.

Elsewhere someone's got Lammy responsible for not only young Sam's errors, but Kearys ACL as well!

I suspect he may also be behind this bloody virus, and the ongoing conflict in the Middle East..

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Prior offences are not admissible in a current trial as it could sway a jury one way or another of the guilt or innocence of a defendant if these are known - but it can be used in the sentencing phase

If you are being sentenced for an offence, the court will be aware of, and may take into account, any convictions you have. Whether this has any impact upon the sentence passed will very much depend on the date of those convictions and the relevance of any to the more recent offending

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post

thanks to that malaka V'landys
                    Never trust a Greek
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Never trust a Greek
                      His father should have worn a Trojan.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Of course there has to be a loading, repeat offenders need a stronger punishment because they don't get the message the first or second times. But all loadings should be eliminated if the offender hasn't been to the judiciary for a similar offence for 2 years.
                        I think 12 months should be the max for loading, and then it should reset to zero, because of the rules continuously changing, what is acceptable one year, may not be the next.

Comment

Never trust a Greek
                          apart from democracy, souvlaki, western culture and nick politis what has greece done for us?

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

apart from democracy, souvlaki, western culture and nick politis what has greece done for us?
                            Yoghurt?

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Ripped off the German and lovin life..lol ..for Australia ? Fast fooF shops you blokes would starve if it wasnt for the Greeks ..Meat Pies for the rest of eternity.
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Nana Mouskouri

https://www.history.co.uk/shows/anci...greeks-gave-us

Comment

Working...
                                X